I’ve spent most of my late 40s fighting what I thought was just “age-related” weight gain. I tried strict keto for six months, but the brain fog was unbearable and the weight just came back once I had a single slice of bread. I also did the standard 1,200-calorie-a-day thing, which just left me tired and irritable.
About four months ago, I decided to stop focusing purely on calories and look at my digestion. I’d read a lot about how gut bacteria impacts fat storage and metabolism. I started taking LeanBiome (i get it here) every morning with a full glass of water, usually about 30 minutes before my first meal. I also made a point to increase my fiber intake and walk for 20 minutes after dinner.
The first two weeks were honestly a bit bumpy. I had some mild gas as my system adjusted, so it’s definitely not a “perfect from day one” solution. But by week four, the constant bloating I’d lived with for years was gone. That was the first real signal that something was actually changing.
Between months two and three is when the scale finally started moving. I wasn’t dropping five pounds a week, but it was a steady, consistent loss that felt manageable. LeanBiome seemed to help specifically with those sugar cravings that usually derail me around 3 PM.
Now, at the four-month mark, I’m down two pant sizes. I can actually go for a long hike without feeling like I’m carrying an extra backpack. It isn’t a miracle—I still watch what I eat and stay active—but it feels like the “engine” is finally running correctly. If you’re looking for an overnight fix, this isn’t it, and I did hit a plateau in week seven where nothing happened for ten days. Persistence is key.
5 Likes
The 3 PM sugar cravings are my absolute downfall. I find myself in the pantry every single day at that time. Did you change your breakfast too, or just add the supplement?
I’ve been on LeanBiome for about two months now and the change in my digestion is the biggest thing I’ve noticed. The weight loss is a nice bonus, but not feeling like a balloon after every meal is the real win for me.
Adding LeanBiome to my morning routine really helped me get past that same 3 PM slump you mentioned. It took about three weeks for me to see the difference though, so definitely don’t give up if you don’t see results in the first few days.
I’m 52 and the ‘age-related’ gain is no joke. Everything I used to do just doesn’t work anymore. This approach sounds much more sustainable than keto. I couldn’t handle the lack of fruit on keto.
Is this the one with the green tea extract? I usually get jittery with caffeine, but I heard some of these use a version that doesn’t cause the shakes. Did you notice any heart racing?
I’m always a bit skeptical of supplements, but focusing on the microbiome makes sense. My doctor mentioned my gut health was a mess after I had to take those heavy antibiotics last year.
The post-dinner walk is a great tip. I started doing that recently and it really helps with my sleep too. Glad to see someone else having success with a slower, more natural pace.
1 Like
Two pant sizes in four months is actually really impressive for our age group. I’d be happy with just one size at this point! Thanks for sharing the detailed timeline.
2 Likes
I tried calorie counting too and it just made me obsessed with food. It’s exhausting. I’d much rather focus on getting my internal systems working right.
1 Like
Do you plan on staying on it long term? I’m curious if the gut changes stay permanent or if you have to keep taking it to maintain the benefits.