How I finally stopped relying so much on my reading glasses every day

After years of struggling with eye strain and that annoying fogginess every morning, I really felt like I’d tried everything. I spent a small fortune on those drugstore eye drops and generic multivitamins that promised the world but delivered very little. Most of them just made my eyes feel greasy or gave me a headache without actually sharpening my focus.

About four months ago, I started taking a supplement called iGenics (usually discouted here) because it used the AREDs-2 ingredients I’d read about. Unlike the cheap stuff, this felt more comprehensive. By the end of the first month, I didn’t notice much change, which was frustrating. However, by week eight, I realized I wasn’t reaching for my readers to check my phone first thing in the morning.

The big shift with iGenics was the clarity during evening driving. Street signs aren’t as haloed as they used to be. It’s not a miracle cure—I still use glasses for fine print—but the daily fatigue is much lower. One downside is that you have to be super consistent with iGenics; if I skip a few days, the strain returns. It’s also a bit more expensive than basic pills, but for me, the better night vision makes it worth it.

5 Likes

Does this have a lot of zinc in it? I’ve heard some of those formulas can be tough on the stomach if the zinc levels are too high.

I’ve tried a few different brands for my macular health and honestly didn’t notice much. It’s hard to tell if it’s working or if I’m just having a ‘good eye day.’

1 Like

I actually started iGenics about six months ago for my dry eyes. It took a while to kick in, but it definitely gave me good results and less grittiness by month three.

1 Like

I’m on my second bottle of iGenics and I’ve noticed that colors seem a bit sharper when I’m out birdwatching. It’s been a solid experience so far.

I work on a computer all day for my part-time consulting gig. Do you think this would help with that specific kind of screen fatigue?

3 Likes

My optometrist mentioned AREDs-2 ingredients at my last checkup. It’s good to see someone actually testing it out in the real world.

Are the capsules large? I have a real hard time swallowing those horse pills that some companies put out.

Night glare was my biggest issue when driving to see my grandkids. I tried iGenics and it really helped clear up those starbursts around headlights after a few weeks.

I’m 74 and my vision is pretty far gone. I wonder if these types of supplements are only for people just starting to notice changes or if they help us older folks too.

1 Like

Just a heads up to anyone on blood thinners, always check with your doctor before adding things like Bilberry or high-dose vitamins. Better safe than sorry.

2 Likes

How long exactly did it take before you felt safe driving at night again? I’ve mostly given up on it once the sun goes down.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to do it naturally with kale smoothies and more carrots, but it’s hard to stay consistent with the diet. A pill seems much easier.

The price is what holds me back. Being on a fixed pension makes these premium supplements a tough choice compared to the store brands.

Appreciate the honest review. So many people claim things work overnight, it’s nice to hear a realistic timeline of a couple of months.

1 Like

I tried a similar formula last year but I kept forgetting to take it. I think the routine is the hardest part of these things.

1 Like

I’ve been using iGenics for about a year now. My last eye exam actually showed some stability for the first time in years, so it definitely gave me good results.

2 Likes