My journey from hiding my toes to wearing sandals again this year

I’ve spent the better part of three years dealing with that stubborn, crumbly yellow texture on my toenails. I tried everything from the standard pharmacy lacquers to those high-strength vinegar soaks I read about on Reddit. Most of the time, the treatments were either too harsh and dried out my skin or just didn’t penetrate enough. I was constantly filing them down, but they would just grow back looking worse.

About five months ago, I decided to try a different approach that focused more on skin resistance and natural oils rather than just harsh chemicals. I started using Kerassentials Serum (i get it here) twice a day, every single day. I was skeptical because I’d been burned before, but the texture felt different—it wasn’t drying out my cuticles like the prescription stuff did.

Here was my timeline:

  • Month 1: Honestly, not much visible change in the nail, but the skin around my toes stopped peeling and felt much healthier.
  • Month 2: I noticed the new growth at the base of my big toe was looking clearer. Still had the yellowing at the tips, but the base was promising.
  • Month 4: The smaller toes were almost completely clear. The big toe is still a bit thick, but it’s about 70% better than it was in January.

The natural oils in Kerassentials Serum really helped with the overall environment of my foot. I’m finally at a point where I don’t feel like I have to wear socks 24/7. It isn’t a magic wand—you have to be incredibly consistent. If I skipped a few days, I felt like the progress slowed down immediately.

My honest caveats: It can be a bit oily, so you have to wait about 10 minutes before putting on socks. Also, if you have a very severe case, you might need to be patient for a full 6 months. Sticking with Kerassentials Serum for at least three months is my best advice for anyone who has failed with the standard pharmacy options.

12 Likes

I also saw a difference with Kerassentials Serum after about six weeks. My nails stopped looking so ‘dead’ and started getting some shine back. It definitely takes patience though.

1 Like

Kerassentials Serum worked for me too, especially for the skin irritation between my toes. It’s much more soothing than the alcohol-based stuff I used to buy at the drugstore.

Does it have a strong smell? I tried a tea tree oil soak once and my whole house smelled like a forest for a week.

The smell is actually pretty mild, mostly just smells like natural oils. Way better than the chemical scent of the lacquers.

1 Like

For anyone on the fence, Kerassentials Serum was the only thing that helped my resistance to fungus after I kept getting reinfected at the gym. Been clear for 4 months now.

Is it expensive? I feel like I’ve already spent hundreds on stuff that just doesn’t work.

1 Like

It’s mid-range, but honestly, one bottle lasts a long time if you’re just doing a few toes. Better than buying $20 creams every two weeks that do nothing.

2 Likes

I’m on month two of a similar routine. The big toe is definitely the hardest part to clear up. Glad to hear it eventually gets there if you stick with it.

Make sure you guys are also spraying your shoes! You can use all the serum you want but if your boots are full of spores you’ll just keep the cycle going.

1 Like

Did you notice any skin sensitivity? My skin is super reactive to most treatments.

1 Like

I have sensitive skin too and didn’t have an issue because it’s oil-based. It felt more like a moisturizer than a treatment, which was a nice change of pace.