I turned 58 last spring and realized my eyes were finally catching up to my age. It wasn’t just the reading glasses; it was the halos around streetlights and that weird ‘fuzziness’ when the sun started going down. I’d tried standard drugstore eye vitamins for years, but honestly, I never felt a single bit of difference.
After doing some digging into the AREDs-2 research, I decided to change my approach. I switched to iGenics (ordered here) about six months ago. Here is how it went:
Month 1: Not much changed. I was still reaching for my readers every ten minutes. I almost quit, but I decided to stick with the bottle and stayed consistent with taking it every morning with breakfast.
Month 3: This was the turning point. I noticed I wasn’t squinting as much at the evening news. The colors on the screen seemed a bit more ‘vivid,’ if that makes sense. I also paired this with a strict 20-20-20 rule (looking away from my computer every 20 minutes) and wearing blue-light blockers after 6 PM.
Month 6: The halos around headlights while driving at night have definitely dialed back. I feel much more confident behind the wheel after 7 PM than I did last winter.
I think the combination of iGenics and better screen habits made the difference. Before this, I tried a high-dose Lutein supplement alone, but it didn’t seem to touch the clarity issues—only helped a bit with dryness.
A few honest caveats: It’s not a miracle. I still need my glasses for fine print on medicine bottles. It’s also more of an investment than generic brands. I also hit a plateau around month four where I didn’t see any new gains for several weeks. But for me, iGenics provided a level of daily comfort I just didn’t have before.
22 Likes
Thanks for the timeline. I usually give up on supplements after three weeks if I don’t see anything, so maybe I need to be more patient.
2 Likes
I’ve tried similar things and didn’t see much change. Did you change your diet at all during this time or just the supplement?
2 Likes
I’ve had a similar experience. I’ve been using iGenics for about ten weeks and the ‘grittiness’ in my eyes is gone. It really does help with that daily comfort.
The 20-20-20 rule is so underrated. I think we all spend way too much time staring at tablets these days.
2 Likes
I can vouch for iGenics too. I started it for the night glare and it took about two months, but the difference is real when I’m driving home from work late.
Is it easy on the stomach? Some of these vision formulas make me nauseous if I don’t eat a full meal first.
@GourmetGary I take mine with oatmeal and haven’t had any issues. Just don’t do it on an empty stomach.
1 Like
Interesting about the halos. That’s my biggest struggle right now. Winter driving is the worst.
4 Likes
Following this thread. I’m 62 and my eye doctor just said ‘it’s part of getting older,’ which is so frustrating to hear.
2 Likes
I’ve been looking for something with the AREDs-2 ingredients. Most of the stuff at the big box stores is just filler. Glad to see a real breakdown of the progress.
2 Likes
Did you notice any change in how dry your eyes feel? Mine are always watering when I’m outside in the wind.
1 Like
@CoastalCathy A little bit, but I also started using a humidifier in my bedroom at the same time, so it’s hard to say which one helped more with the dryness.
2 Likes
I think the plateau you mentioned is normal. Supplements usually hit a ‘maintenance’ phase. Still, better than declining!
I’m going to look into this. I’ve been struggling with reading my Kindle lately even with the font size turned up.
Great write-up. iGenics has been part of my routine for a year and it’s the only thing that helped my contrast sensitivity in low light situations.
1 Like