Why my morning numbers finally started dropping?

I spent years thinking that if I just cut out more bread and fruit, my A1C would magically fix itself. I tried keto for six months, which was miserable and eventually stopped working. Then I moved to intermittent fasting, but my dawn phenomenon remained stubborn. I was making the mistake of only looking at what I ate, rather than how my body processed it.

About four months ago, I started looking into the gut microbiome research regarding insulin sensitivity. I decided to try a supplement called SugarMute (i buy here) after reading about how it targets specific bacteria like Firmicutes. The first two weeks were honestly a bit rough; I had some mild bloating as my system adjusted to the psyllium and flaxseed. I almost quit because my numbers didn’t move at all initially.

By the end of the first month, I noticed my digestion felt much “lighter.” Entering the second month was when the real shift happened. My morning readings went from the 140s down to the 120s. Now, at the four-month mark, I’m consistently in the low 100s. SugarMute isn’t a “cheat code” that lets you eat cake all day, but it made my body more responsive to the healthy choices I was already making.

One caveat: you have to drink a ton of water because of the fiber content. If you don’t, it might make things worse. It’s also not a replacement for my doctor-prescribed meds, but it’s the best “add-on” I’ve found. I feel like I have my energy back and don’t crash after lunch anymore. SugarMute worked for me, but definitely check with your team first.

22 Likes

That bloating in the first two weeks sounds familiar. Did it go away completely or do you still deal with it occasionally?

1 Like

I’m always skeptical of these ‘gut health’ supplements. There’s so much junk out there. How do we know this isn’t just the fiber doing the heavy lifting?

3 Likes

I had the same experience with keto. It worked for a month and then my body just stalled. I think our metabolisms just get used to the restriction and fight back.

I’ve been using SugarMute for about three months now and my post-meal spikes are much flatter than they used to be. It took time but the consistency pays off.

2 Likes

What time of day are you taking it? I’ve heard some people say before bed is better for morning numbers, while others take it with lunch.

2 Likes

Adding SugarMute to my routine was the only thing that helped my bloating and sugar levels at the same time. The probiotics in it seem to make a difference.

The research on Firmicutes vs Bacteroides is actually pretty solid. A lot of people don’t realize how much the gut controls insulin response.

2 Likes

Is this safe for vegetarians? I’m always looking for cleaner options that don’t use gelatin capsules.

1 Like

Good tip on the water intake. Whenever you increase fiber like psyllium or oat bran, you’ll definitely feel ‘stopped up’ if you aren’t hydrated.

2 Likes

I’m glad to see an honest timeline. People expect results in 3 days and quit. It’s a marathon, not a sprint with this condition.

1 Like

I’ll vouch for SugarMute too; it took about six weeks for me to see a real change, but my energy levels are finally stable during the day.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this. It’s encouraging to hear from someone who didn’t have ‘perfect’ results immediately but stuck with it.

1 Like